First things first....Congratulations to Natalie and Alex Pegg. It was a GREAT time and it was fun to be able to be part of my cousin's special day. It was fun to see everybody again!
Some highlights about the trip.
1. Kelsen was a CHAMP....he traveled very well both Thursday, Friday and Sunday. There was several times on the trip that he said "No home", meaning he did not want to return home, although we were all glad when we finally arrived back in Bismarck. We learned that Kelsen LOVES to dance.....we might start dropping him off at the Amvets on Saturday nights so he can get his fill.
2.The roads on the way to Omaha were a little tricky around Fargo, but other than that they were good. The way home, not so much.....beginning in the Kindred area and all the way to the west side of Jamestown, the roads, for the lack of a better term, could be classified as VERY SHITTY...Thank goodness we didn't stop at the Casino near Whapeton as we originally planned (I missed the exit)..we left Fargo at 2:15 and finally got to Bismarck about 6:10pm......travel speed was about 35-40 for a stretch of about 100 miles west of Fargo.....lots of cars in the ditch...we drove safe and got home safe...all we could ask for!
3. On the way down to Omaha I realized that I need to create a website that allows you to prepare a "radio list" before the drive. For example, what the stations you want to listen to in the Fargo area, Sioux Falls area and Omaha area.....I really think this would work...plenty of stations would advertise on the site.....something I will continue to explore.
4. On the way home from Omaha, I thought it would be fun (and help past the time) if I recorded how many "states" I could see plates from. From Omaha to Fargo I saw 16 states and 3 Canadian provinces......I was to busy concentrating on the road after Fargo to continue to look.
5. Hotels...On Thursday we stayed at the Ramkota in Sioux Falls....we promised Kelsen a waterslide.....and he got one....and he loved it....Raumi and I also enjoyed the big slides and the lilly pads (although Raumi struggled with that one)....Our hotel in Omaha had a pool but it had a crack in it so we were unable to use it....Kelsen didn't know the difference so it worked out okay. Also on Saturday night it must have been Prom night and several of the LOUDER kids stayed on our floor.......oh well....kids will be kids....I don't think they had negative intentions, probably just too many drinks!
5A. Uncle Dave and Aunt Joan made some pretty sweet Homemade Brew....Apple Pie and Root Beer.....Yummy.....very good and smooth.....I actually forgot to take half a bottle to the reception and have it chilling in my fridge right now.....
6. Here is how we ate this weekend.....a guide of how NOT TO EAT while on a trip.....in order of consumption.....Rising Bread Company then Domino's Pizza then Burger King....then Perkins....then Lansky's (rehearsal supper-VERY GOOD)....then Hotel (free hot breakfast)....then Subway...then Sonic (Raumi and I had to try it)....then Justin Thyme Catering (wedding supper again VERY GOOD)...then Hotel (free hot breakfast) then McDonald's...and finally McDonald's again. It was great to sit down last night when we got home to have a Hot Pocket and Kraft Mac and Cheese!
All in all we had a very good time and I would not have missed it for the world. Lots of family was unable to come for different reasons but it is understandable.....we tried to make it as fun as we could. I really felt honored to be a part in the wedding...Several people told me that Natalie refers to me as "The brother she never had"....not sure if that is a good or bad thing but it sure does humble you....and I take it as a compliment! I wish them the best in Texas!
See you all real soon..
March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment