By the looks of it, it appears time for a post.
My mind has been racing with thoughts since the last entry, so much that I have had to take "notes", not less forget what I deem very intriguing information.
The family is swell. Kelsen has officially made the transfer from football to basketball season. Last evening while we were watching the Norte Dame/Louisville game (check Kyle Mcalarney out, currently Kelsen's favorite college hoops player), he demanded to put his uniform on. We did just that and shot hoops during the entire game. Let's just say I now know how my friends Chris and Scott feel after city league. Tossin that many shots up is hard on a guys wrist. Who would have thought it?
Note to commuters, do not, I repeat, DO NOT travel on Washington Street under any conditions at 5:20pm on a weeknight. If you do be prepared for stop and go traffic. I have traveled this road twice for some un-forsaken reason during the last 2 months and have vowed to never do it again. You think the infrastructure is bad now, wait 5-7 years and they will be wishing they did Washington right the 2nd or 3rd time.
Speaking of infrastructure, I don't live in Mandan (never have, never will but that's for another day) but IF I did, I would have the Mayor and city commissioners on speed dial. They can't even get their Main Street plowed in a reasonable amount of time. No big deal to me since I suspect Mandan, with its ever rising property taxes (don't let this fool you-it's misleading) will eventually change from "Where the West begins" to "Bismarck's Parking Lot to the West" within the next 10 years.
Speaking of parking lots, ponder this if you will. The other day, I fancied myself driving by Olive Garden and Golden Corral. It was soberly interesting to me that looking into the OG parking lot I saw nothing but minivans, SUVs and luxury cars. Directly adjacent to the OG lot is the GC lot and after checking the GC lot out I saw nothing but pickups (many with horse trailers attached), BIG pickups (like dually's) and school buses. I digress.
Some other random thoughts:
* I think the USPS and the City of Bismarck should get on the same page. Nothing like attempting to "remove" 6" of solid concrete snow in the hopes that the postman will deliver my Eastbay magazine. Check this out . So much for their catchy little slogan, "rain, nor snow, nor whatever the hell".
* I LOVE my 3 stall garage. I just hate it when it come to snowblowing. That's an extra 7 minutes I could perfecting my LeapPad abilities.
* Speaking of LeapPad. I set a unofficially NEW RECORD for Eureka yesterday. Eureka is an interactive game in which a machine calls out a state and you point to it on a map. You have 45 seconds to get "as many states as you can". A little history. My niece Shelby got this game like 6-7 years ago for Christmas and I have been obsessed ever since. No one, to James and my best recollection has ever gotten more than 19. Shelby passed the game on down to Kelsen and my mission was reignited. Needless to say I was about to concede that 19 was the highest achievable you could get UNTIL YESTERDAY. I was in a zone, and after 45 seconds I had 20! I just hope my record stands. It's out of my hands now and all I can do is wait.
Yesterday, our daycare provider was ill so I stayed home with Kelsen. It's always interesting to see what kind of TV is on when most people are (or should be) working. Of course one of the shows I came across was the Price is Right. Watching this show always reminds me of when I was sick and I would always feel better for the 1 hour this show was on. Anyway Drew Carey hosts it and he lacks everything that was Bob Barker.
After the Price is Right was over, Kelsen and I played our own little version of "rock star". We don't have a WII or PS3 but we do have a Little Tykes guitar and a drum. That's all you need. Anyway we turned the channel to VH1 classic and started playing. After several songs Def Leppard's "Foolin'" video came on and as I watched it I became confused. I had always thought that Def Leppard's drummer only had 1 hand. But in this video the drummer had BOTH hands. I wasn't sure if it was 2 different drummers, if I was seeing things or what the case was. Anyway I am pleased to inform, it's my nature. I prefer one handed.
* Check this show out. I am addicted. Not sure why. Trust me, you could waste an hour more foolishly.
* Stay AWAY from Buffalo Wild Wings this Friday. It will be infested with Regent people. Regent people scare you.
* HAPPY 50th Birthday BRAD! (January 15-1959)
DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!
January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment