Let me tell you a story about a kitchen table. There once was a kitchen table that was purchased by Raumi and Ryan. At one point in time is was beatiful. Over time this kitchen table has seen it's share of incidents. It has seen taco sauce, water, milk, irons, matchbox cars, knives, forks, more forks, forks stabbed into the top, forks stabbed into the side, forks stabbed into the chairs. At first when the kitchen table started to experience such tramautic events I became sad and irritated. However as I pondered the table I realized that there is no need for sadness. There is a need for JOY! Now why would you be joyful for a nice new table becoming ruined with each passing day? It's call CHARACTER. Think about YOUR kitchen table. Think about how many stories, meals and memories have been shared at said table. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Now I understand why people keep their tables for so long. I solemly swear to retain the current kitchen table as long as possible!
Note: The greyish stain is due to me "ironing" on the #9 of a Vikings jersey I bought Kelsen. Why # 9? He is why!
Another McQuade softball tourney is in the books. I have now played in 13 tourneys and still have not won a trophy. This is not odd. I have heard of people playing for 30 years without winning one. The team went 2-2 and played into Sunday (not even half the teams make it to Sunday) so all in all it was good. Plenty of good friends and good beer. We did get caught in a Tornado Warning Friday night. Attempting to get out of the parking lot shortly after the Tornado Warning I went head to head with some middle aged dude in his 2009 yellow Ford Mustang. I won. Chalk one more up for the 2002 Saturn Vue. I mean really who is going to challenege Saturn's traditional dent-resistant plastic body panels?
Sunglasses are Evil. So many times in my life I have been fooled by them. Let me explain. I am a man, I appreciate beatiful women. But many times these alleged "beatiful" women are wearing sunglasses. Once these sunglasses are off, more time than not, they also come off the list of "beatiful".
I need to add something to the list of greatest inventions of all-time. The 24/7 self served propane exchange. Let me take you on a play by play:
6:04pm-Pull up to Menards 24/7 Kiosk.
6:05pm-Insert Debit Card.
6:05pm-Kiosk auto doors opens.
6:06pm-Take out new tank, replace with old one.
6:07pm-Done
Amazing. And CHEAPER than a regular exchange, which in Bismarck may take anywhere from 5-25 minutes. Great invention. Kudos!
A couple final thoughts on McQuades.
Why would Regent plan their All-School Reunion and 100 year anniversary the same weekend as the McQuades. You think someone in Regent would have thought about this? Unbelieable. Mind boggling.
Kelsen experienced his first ever Purple Cow from Big Boy on Saturday night of the tourney. It's basically an ice cream soda with purple soda. Simply fantastic. The little man loved it.
A big SHOUT to Jay and Sara, who welcomed Maddux John Gerving into the world on June 17, 2009.
DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!
1 comment:
You grow up in Regent? Don't you know how to spell beautiful????
Post a Comment