June 5, 2009

This is life.....




I TOLD YOU THE HAMMOCK was out!!!

This is my life:

Recently while working out at the YCC gym, I felt a sudden urge to urinate. So I proceeded to the bathroom to do so. As we all do in the facility our keys are sacred and must be on us at all times. While I was relieving myself I needed my hands, so I put the keys in my mouth and yep, you guessed it, the keys dropped from my mouth into the toilet. Here is where the dilemma comes in. Do you "flush" or "fish". The power of the toilets at YCC are industrial (do to juveniles attempting to flush any and everything), so they are POWERFUL. If I "flush", I risk the possibility of my keys being flushed away. If I "fish", well you get the idea. Let's just say I have my keys and 7 bottles of this near me.

This is my life:

While driving home from Wahpeton a few weekends ago, Jacob (Holli's friend) and I were chewing some seeds and cutting the fat. Jacob confronted me on my unique ability to eat seeds at a quick pace. The words "unbelievable" and "amazing" seem to ring my memory. As we kept driving I noticed that for every one handful Jacob was eating, I was eating 3. Check this out...funny stuff but there is truth to it. Check this out, at first I thought it was a joke but then it dawned on me that many people probably don't know how to eat seeds!

Kelsen's first night of Itty Bitty Soccer was last night at the "Y". I was unable to attend due to other "commitments" but Raumi said he is not hesitant out there and loved it.



Last weekend Raumi embarked on another home improvement project. This one occurred outdoors. She (with minimal help from me) built a retaining wall on the side of our house. It amazes me how talented she is with basically anything she does. She has way more patience for this sort of thing than I do. I feel its better to not do these projects together, because what usually happens is I get frustrated and then start blaming her for stuff that is not her fault. Sorry. I am working on this. It will take time. Perhaps years.

Kelsen and I tackled a new park the other day. We stopped at Eagles Park in Mandan. We drive by it nearly every day and Kelsen has been very patient in waiting for the weather to be right (not windy or "dripping"). We stopped and he played. I give this park a B-. It was basically a playground but the cool things about the park include a "dinosaur" theme, along with bathrooms readily accessible.

Wednesday of the past week, Ronda and James (and Shelbs) took Kelsen out for Ice Cream. Big deal right? Well not really. You see Ronda and James are Kelsen's Godparents and make it a point to "treat" him on the anniversary of his Baptism. It's a very neat thing and Kelsen loves being "treated".



Today is what we like to call a "rainout" around here. It's raining and we will spending the day inside....playing games, watching movies and going to the movie "UP". It is first trip to the movie theatre! We shall make the best. Below is a video of Kelsen playing with the sprinklers during a nice day.



I hope you all have a good weekend.

DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!

1 comment:

your sis said...

Awesome picture of the godparents! What the hell is up with Ronda's hair??