Good Saturday to all of you. I hope you all are well and enjoying the weekend.
I have several people who have requested a blog so here goes.....
As I sit here at approx. 2:15pm on this overcast fall Saturday I couldn't help notice my beer sitting at my side. Picture this if you will....a tall 22oz Lite with 7 olives in it. Now it appears that these olives might be a creature all in their own....they keep going up and down up and down....eerily similar to a lava lamp. Which leads me to ponder this question...which came first....the lava lamp or the olives in a beer.? BTW, whoever thought of putting olives in a beer should win a Pulitzer.
Think about this while you are still pondering.....why do nearly all animals have tails except humans?....you have to admit, it is an interesting concept.
Well the weekend has sort just begun yet lots of work has been completed. Raumi, Kelsen and I did the "winterizing" today. This included putting all the yard stuff away, storing all the yard toys, mowing the lawn down and putting some winterizer down. Just have to blow the sprinklers out and call it good. (My olives are still going apeshit!)
The week was well. Kelsen is active and has taken a liking to fire...we made several attempts at lighting our fireplace yet every year we seem to forget how.....this year we enlisted the help of Google and low and behold.....WE HAVE FIRE.....not sure why we even turned it on but we did. Let's just hope natural gas prices go down down down.
Some random thoughts before I hit the couch.....
A. Imagine if someone could create a robot who would keep your house clean.....how much would this be worth to people.....I think personally it would be priceless....just imagine the possibilities.
B. The first major snowfall (I say 4" will occur on Nov. 3)
C. I am glad to see the Washington Street project is near completion....I hope Century Avenue opens soon as well.
D. As much as I like Jack Michaels....I can't understand how he can talk U of Mary football for 3 hours each day...what will he do when the season is over? He needs to talk more high school sports..
E. I have officially put my golf clubs away.
F. An interesting story about Bismarck native Tim Olson. As many of you know Tim has had a couple "cups of coffee" in the big leagues and every time I hear his name I can remember a time way long ago ( Tim was either a junior or senior at St. Mary's) when I was reffing a city league game in town and he was the scorekeeper....well the game we had was a forfeit so we starting shooting around..I asked him his name and he said Tim Olson....anyway I later commented on his shirt (Arizona D backs) and how ugly I thought it was (it was and I am a Dodger fan) and he said I know but I will be playing for them someday...I kinda said "sure" sarcastically and away we went shootin around. Well low and behold he DID end up playing for the Dbacks....well now its MLB playoff time and we could easily have 3 ND natives playing in the LCS....as you know Tim was both in the Colorado and Arizona organizations for periods of time.
Okay I am done with that....if you enjoy "pop culture".....and are a Generation X er..I highly recommend anything by Chuck Klosterman....he writes great stuff that will make you remember your younger years and wouldn't you know he is also for ND.....Wyndmere to be exact.
Enjoy the weekend.
October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment