November 23, 2007

Turkey Day and Next

Well Thanksgiving went well......we all had plenty to eat and we all enjoyed each other's company. It is always fun to host but also nice knowing we now have 364 days before we do it again. The Turkey Trot went well although I wasn't too impressed with the organization this year.....they ran out of t-shirts........they got the times wrong...I guess with over 700 people that's to be expected.....

Last evening KayCee and Shelby spent the night so Raumi and I could be crazy and shop early today....as you can see by this post we are already back home and it's only 7:30......it seems stores are opening earlier and earlier and this morning we were up and out the door at about 4:42 AM.....we hit Wal Mart early and it WAS ON! We wanted a personal DVD player (for reason undetermined but it was such a good deal)....I have to admit I blew it.....I mean people were grabbing 5 and 6 at a time......pretty selfish but that's America for you.....anyway I positioned myself at an odd angle hoping to play percentages and I lost...I got behind some behemoth of a woman and lost out....I think if I had reason to get one I would have been more aggressive....I mean I think I could have forced my way in...my competition was mainly your average middle aged....overweight housewife..(sorry to stereotype but my 1st amendment clearly protects me)....anyway long story longer I lost out and looking back and clearly disappointed in myself.

The remainder of the weekend will consist of Christmas decorating.....watching football (Huskers...Vikings) and taking in the Wizards season opener, since I won free tix on ESPN 710....

Some new photos are up so enjoy!

No comments: