June 29, 2008

McQuades Weekend

Well another McQuades has come and (at least for this household)gone..it was a great weekend again, although I have many more thoughts these are the ones I will share with you:

Friday night-Too cold....but fun nonetheless..it was great to see some old friends and a pleasure to make some new ones.....Kelsen and Raumi accompanied me to the festivities but I was later brought home by Gregg...Thanks Gregg....

Saturday-Too windy for starters....Heartland played well the 1st game and we won 20-10 but later ran into a very good Monster Energy team from Mandan and lost 35-21....I personally think we got a bad draw for the tourney but those things happened.

Saturday night-Heartland Annual McQuade potluck....if you left hungry or dry you didn't try hard enough....lots of great food....and lots of good fun...and most of the all the wind let down and we were able to stay at the fields quite a long time.

Sunday-Went back to watch some teams play (Congrats Sara on the championship!) and just hang out with friends again....it was a great day again but I am glad I am at home for some R and R squared.....

Misc-The umpire we had our 1st game (out of Nebraska) was BY FAR the best umpire I have ever seen....guy was everywhere....the umps around here for whatever reason (lazy..don't care...pay is poor)...are content with making every call from behind the plate....man this guy was everywhere....it was nice to see.

My worst injury this year didn't even happen on the field it happened in the laundry room...yeah about 10 minutes before this post I hooked my fingernail on a laundry basket and YAHHHOUUCCH!!!....I will be fine.

Hoping you all have a GREAT INDEPENDENCE day.....Have fun....drive safe....and FLY THE FLAG!

Drink Tonight for Tomorrow We Ride!

No comments: