July 11, 2008

Amazing

Maybe its the age or maybe my mental capacity is becoming far greater than anyone ever expected but I appear to be more in tune with my emotional side....when I talk of emotions I am talking more than mad and sad....I am talking euphoria, sibilance and dare I say it, lust (not after women but FOOD).

Today has been a typical Friday, me sitting at my desk, watching the clock, chatting with my "crew" (Cody, Chris, Jay) and trying to start the weekend early with my weak sense of humor. I KNOW I am funny but the people I surround myself with seem to be getting bored with my humor. Let's just say that I think I am becoming predictable. Last night at softball Gregg and I were playing baseball (after the game) with our boys Kyler and Kelsen and I saw a base laying on the ground...so I walk over to it, grab and start attempting to imitate Ricky Henderson.....Gregg, unamused, stated "I figured you were gonna do that"....even though if anyone knew I was gonna do that it would have been Gregg, it started to get me thinking that I need to mix things up a bit....thus my mission for the upcoming months. Now don't get me wrong, some days I feel funny and some days I don't (sorry to those of you who don't understand what I am talking about)..well anyway the past week I have been feeling funny....the odd thing is when I feel funny I want to hang out with people. Call it narcissistic, egotistical or whatever you want but it makes ME feel good when I can make people laugh....anyway onto more things.

Kelsen has been spending days with Grandma Lisa, Papa Brad and Auntie HAWWWLEY over the past weeks while our daycare provider Pam has been vacation . Anyway Kelsen is loving it.....which is good because he is at the age now where he asks, well no, TELLS me, "Daddy go to work now"...even though it stings a bit, its a great feeling to know that he feels comfortable enough to hurry me out the door.

Raumi and I engaged in a fairly deep conversation lase evening...now as many of you know, Raumi is quite intelligent and you all know that I can keep pace with the best of them. So out of the blue I thought I would try to tickle her brain a bit. This is sometimes a potentially dangerous situation, because when Raumi and I get deep it generally revolves around two things.....food allergies and past noble peace prize winners... usually ....well the topic I brought up was about Kelsen...and we ranked his 5 favorite foods....now we know our child is normal we are just not sure how 2 year olds would rank their favorite foods in this order: 1. Tacos 2. Noodles 3. Popcorn 4. Hot Dogs 5. Yogurt.

Onto what lies ahead. Nothing. This post is over.

DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what the heck is with the big words? i can't understand this blog