Hello All.
I want to wish you all a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day. We should NEVER forget those who have gone before us.
This week to put it simply has been difficult. Enough said.
I have 5 things that I wanted to share with you today. I apologize for no new photos but I have not gotten around to downloading them yet. You can expect some new and interesting photos soon.
1. On Monday our daycare provider called us and was ill, meaning that Kelsen would be spending the day with dad. At first thought I was disappointed at the thought of using another vacation day but once I told Kelsen he was hanging out with me he was excited and thus, so was I. We ventured out to Pebble Creek to play some golf. The little man LOVES golf. We were paired up with an 84 year old man with Macular Degeneration. . Now at first I will admit that I thought I was hoping this guy wasn't going to A. Slow us down and/or B. Scare Kelsen from wanting to play. He did neither and it was very refreshing and a privilege to play with him. He was pretty darn good for being 84. I shared that I hope I am ALIVE at 84 yet alone playing golf. Great guy. Kelsen kept calling him "someones grandpa"....Kelsen is getting the hang of this golf game. I see him breaking 100 before me.
2. The HAMMOCK is up. Nuff said.
3. The other night while flipping thru some channels I discovered one of the greatest movies. Stand By Me. It reminds me so much ofhow my buddies Scott and Steven and I and all the craziness we used to encounter growing up in Regent. I miss those times. Its a great movie with a great story. If you have not seen it, check it out, and if don't enjoy it....never mind, you will enjoy it. On a side note Kelsen's new favorite TV show is Southland
4. The other day I woke up and was in my normal routine.....go downstairs, grab the Tribune, make some peanut butter/jelly toast and watch Mike and Mike in the Morning. Channel 28 (ESPN2) was off the air. I nearly had an anxiety attack. Then I realized Midco, with all their wisdom and knowledge of cable tv, recently switched their channel lineup. Chalk another one up for reasons not to get cable with Midco. Every time I have watched TV lately I feel like I am in a hotel in Circle Montana.
5. I couldn't help notice the other day on the ride home from work that there were some "duffers" at Mandan Muni Golf Course. Now, as many of you know I have lots of little quirks but NEVER EVER should you act "good" while golfing a municipal course. You look like a fool. If you lining your "chip" up when you are 14 feet off the green and acting as if you have a chance to make it, you probably should be playing at Hawktree or The Pulpit, NOT, again NOT at Mandan Muni. I digress.
Drink Tonight for Tomorrow We Ride!
May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment