October 21, 2009

Pumpkins, Vacuums and Forts OH MY!

Things are a movin and a shakin "in the Valley" as I like to call it.

One of the first things I want to mention is that late last week Kelsen and I were heading over to Ma and Pa Kudrna's. As we headed west on I-94 we came to Exit 152. Let's just say this in now one of the most spacious and comfortable off-ramps known to man. I am certain it has everything to do with the new junior high but until the lines get painted on, I am lovin it.

What's up with women and HDTV. I have come home on several occasions to Raumi watching Desperate Houswives or Grey's Antamony (McDreamy and McSteamy) on regular analog TV. When I kindly suggest to her that she could be watching the same show on crystal clear 1080p HD she is completely clueless. My sister Ronda has also mentioned "I can't tell a difference". I have also confirmed this with at least 2 of my buddies, who sigificant others also have a hard time "seeing the difference". I am complety taken aback by this. I can hardly watch TV at all anymore if it's not in HDTV. I predict this will lead to a signifcant increase in the divorce rate over the next 10 years.

Last night, as I was placing pictures on this blog, I noticed that it was 7:07pm. This was the scheduled first pitch for the Dodgers/Phillies series. (not need to get into anymore details). As I mentioned to Kelsen that the Dodger (he loves Manny's hair) he said in a very serious voice "But Hannah Montana is coming on". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I decided to laugh. How can a 3 1/2 year BOY be into Hannah Montana. I blame this soley on the media (and the girls at daycare). No excuse for this stuff.

As you can see by one of these photos (I didn't pay attention when I placed them onto the blog). Kelsen and I made a FORT. If you remember anything about your childhood, I am pretty sure you can remember making a FORT. Fact: It is much harder for a 35 year old man to get into a FORT than a 3 year old. Kelsen loved the Fort and I have to admit, I was quite fond of it myself. However, things took a turn for the worse later in the night. As I was draining some potatoes, Kelsen decided he would grab the grate on the gas stove. HOT! Pain, tears and whimpering followed. After about 7 Diego band-aids and some TLC from mommy,he was fine. End of Fort story.

Can you beleive that Domino's Pizza still has the 2 for 10.00 medium pizza deal on Thursday's. They had this "deal" 15 years ago when I was single, broke and fat. Well I think its part of the reason I got fat. Anyway, apparently Domino's has not been affected by the economy, or has it?

Lastly, I think it time to change the status qou of high school locker assignment. After a quick survey it appears that locker assignment is quite traditional: Alphabetical according to grade level. What this mean is that students have to change lockers each year. This means several things but most importantly it means remembering a new locker combination each year. This process is unacceptable and needs to be challenged. I think a student should be assigned a locker when they are a freshman and remain in that spot for 4 years (5 years if your from Hettinger). Who is charge of locker assignments, is it still Mr. Martin, if so, get me his phone number now!

As many of the pictures clearly show, we hit up the pumpkin patch last weekend. It was a great day (Vikings won, nice weather). Kelsen enjoyed the hay bale mazes and slides. I enjoyed the wonderful smell of overflowing Spiffy Biffs and horse manure. Raumi enjoyed finding the "perfect" pumpkin.

The screen door is on, the grass is mowed, the kitchen is painted. Bring on the snow!

Kelsen loves cribbage. He loves going to Grandpa's to play crbbage. He recently found my collection of cribbage boards and is now playing solo games.

DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!

Note: This post is wrong. There are lines and links and all kinds of stuff. I am not messin around with fixin it. Enjoy it as is.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5395199082330232146" />




alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5395199073226199602" />

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5395199795791941026"/a>

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5395199794519793218" />


alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5395199784716271954" />


alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5395199065407666098" />





No comments: