November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

It appears I have been slightly neglectful with this blog. For that I apologize.

I'm hurt. My calf hurts but I did manage finish the Turkey Trot today. My SKOL brethren and I decided to battles the elements and run.



As many of you know today is Thanksgiving and on Thanksgiving, along with many other holidays, I could easily be classfied as a "tradionalist". This year is no exception. Although Raumi and I had a plan to go more with a "contemporay" meal, I still caved and we bought a turkey. (I mean for crying out loud you can't beat 40 cents per pound). And last night we had to be brave and visit Dan's for my "special Thanksgiving Day" Dinner Rolls. Its gonna be a good day, Its gonna be a good good day.

We are sans the Gus's this year but have recruited Uncle Dave and Joan and cousin Jody for the festivities. Poker Keno anyone?

It also needs to be noted that our good friends Matt, Angela and Noah were in town and Noah had plenty o' fun. Time with them was too short. Below is a game of one on one block building were involved in.



And of course the ceremonial Raumi/Angela photo.



Okay let's flash forward to Friday AKA Black Friday. Raumi's intentions were strong but due to Kelsen getting sick she opted out. The little guy caught something and as we sit here in the basement watching cars we are expecting vomit number 6 soon enough. He's a tough little bugger.

Since I am rambling and posting things at my own free will, I came across this picture, one of my favorites of the fall.



I am uncertain on how to be funny. If you must know my sister Ronda is one of my harshest critics and lets me know whether this blog is funny or not. I do have one quick funny story. A few days back Raumi, Kelsen and I were driving across the new Liberty Memorial Bridge when Raumi asked about this flag (you need to click on the word flag to take you to the link). She was confused because she was wondering why the US Flag, the ND Flag and a Karate flag were all side by side. Yep she thought the POW flag was some sort of martial arts flag. This is my wife and I love her to death!

Have a good weekend.

DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!

No comments: