December 26, 2009

Fords, Snow and Tommy Lee?

Well another Christmas has come and gone but not without several highlights.

For the sake of time and thought I will post my highlights of the 2009 Christmas that was.

10. Tradition at Newmans on Christmas Eve is wings and knoephla. I skipped the knoephla this year in attempts to drown my competition (Neil) in a "wing-off". It was not even close my friends. An unofficial count showed a large margain of victory. Neil completed 20 wings. I complete 50+ wings. That IS NOT a misprint.

You want photo proof, fine. My plate after I pushed it away:



9. The pineapple. Kudrna tradition is that we White Elephant up. There were many many good WE gifts but it was decided that Mom Shirley's gift was the winner. What was it? A can of pineapples that expired in 2004. Again not a misprint. 2004. More photo proof:



8. Chicken and Dumplings. Mom Kudrna did it again. She went "outside the box" this year from our traditional meal of steak and crab legs for the Chicken and Dumps. I have a feeling its gonna stick.

7. The Hangover-Holli went and rented the movie of Christmas Eve and it was as good as advertised. I will need to watch it again because between Kelsen and Neil's dog Sage I am certain I missed several additional gut busters.

6. The Christmas Countdown-The countdown to Christmas was exciting for Kelsen this year. Kelsen and I made a paper chain and the first thing Kelsen did every morning when he woke up was cut a link off. It worked excellent at keeping his focus on when Jesus's birthday was.




5. Photos-I will let the photos explain #5:








4. Toes in the water-For some reason Kelsen really likes the song "Toes" by the Zac Brown Band. Kelsen likes it so much that he can even sing the chorus:





3. Lil Drummer Boy-Kelsen got a very LOUD gift from Ronda, James and the girls. A 4 piece drum set. James says is payback for the boxing gloves I got the girls many years ago. Only time will tell. Anyway he loves it and is quite goo....err LOUD!



2. Ford Truck-Uncle Neil decided to GO BIG this Christmas. He got Kelsen a Ford F-150 Power Wheels truck. Being the good guy that he is, he even assembled it. (Adda Boy Neil). Kelsen's face upon seeing it was priceless. It's safe to say Kelsen is excited for the spring.




1. Snow storm-We knew it was coming but we didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. As a joke for Mom Shirley, we all packed bags and blankets "in case we got stranded"....well we did. It made for a very fun night and part of day on Saturday but we were all ready to get out and back home (which we did). Mom made a great breakfast and Dad made his famous fried taters so we had a full stomach "in case we got stranded". Heck I even had time to dig a fort while I was waiting for breakfast.

Below are several pictures I took as I ventured out and about early Saturday morning.









(this is a photo of jon doe in the snowback across the street from dad's and jd's)

It was a Christmas to remember for sure. But we were able to see both of our families as planned. It was a GREAT Christmas.

DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!

2 comments:

Tyler Russell said...

I thought this title implied I would be included in the blog for my heroic driving hahahahaha

Ronda said...

no video of the little drummer boy?