Well the Holidays are officially upon us and like all of you it's getting hectic. In an attempt to get away from it all for a few minutes I will share some of my more recent thoughts with you.
I am sorry for no pictures but we will post plenty post-Christmas.
1. I am OPPOSED to people who use leaf blowers to move snow. This is a utter and completely lazy way to remove snow. How do I know? I tried it. Never again.
2. Do you think a website or blog that identified and ranked toys from fast food restaurants would work? I mean 2 weeks ago Kelsen and I went to Quizno's and they had some card game. I would rank that a 3 on a scale of 10. On the other hand Kelsen recently got a Avatar "man" from McDonalds. That I would rank a 8 out 10. There is a need for this. I am certain it would work. Right?
3. Hankies. Yuck. Disgusting. Gross. I can't believe people (usually men over 50) still use these. I mean you keep this thing in your back pocket and use it all day to blow and wipe your nose? Is there a proper etiquette? My stomach is getting queasy just thinking about it.
4. What is the first thing you do when you pick up a new phone book? You look to see if YOU (or wife, family, business) is in the phone book, right? Why? What are you going to do if they "forgot" you, you think they will amend it?
5. Order of happiness when opening Christmas cards/letters/pictures:
A. The BEST-Picture and Letter
B. Good-Picture
C. Not so Good-Card (no letter or picture)
D. Don't bother-Card with a stamped signature and no personalization.
Speaking of Christmas cards. Who makes the cut and who doesn't. Do you think you should be exchanging cards with people who had a child over the past year and you didn't know? Must not be too "close" if they birthed a child and you didn't have a clue.
6. South Dakota sucks- We were visiting Mitchell this past weekend for Grandpa Fergens 80th Birthday, it was a quick trip but a fun trip, always nice to see family. Here is my rational as to why SD sucks.
A. Smoke everywhere-bars, gas stations, restaurants, church (okay not church but church was the only place I can remember that didn't have any smoke lingering)
B. Bars. Your kid can sit and drink with you regardless of age as long as they are with you. No wonder math and reading scores in SD are among the lowest in the nation.
C. Magazines-They don't have any. Well at least they don't have any in gas stations.
D. Black Licorice-They don't have any. Well at least they don't have any in gas stations.
Note-We stopped at a gas station in Edgely ND and BAM, magazines and black licorice. It was like the motherload.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
2 comments:
good post, but you got nothing on Matt & Noah this time! Why don't you post videos of your Einstein??? Noah is amazing!!!!!
Glad to see Ronda is comparing our blog posts...if we had a "time between blog posts" competition, you would definitely take that one! By the way...South Dakota sounds an awful lot like Wisconsin...
Post a Comment