February 19, 2010

Winter Blues





It has become clear that everyone in our house is ready for spring. Winter has become long and drawn out and all we really want is some sun. If you can help us out with this please do so. So far this year I have been thru 2 snowblowers, 1 shovel and 1 ice chipper. Enough on that.

Okay people once again if you haven't taken your Christmas lights done, at the very least, please unplug them. I am begging you.

I have added a couple pictures of Kelsen and I sledding. Raumi decided to watch and drink Starbucks. At least she bought us hot chocolate.





Raumi and I witnessed one of the oddest things 2 weeks ago in church. We had bad seats (Raumi should be banned from picking seats) but anyway we were sitting beside this mother and her two children. The two kids were probably 8 and 10 or somewhereaboutsthat (like my knew word?) Anyway I look over and WHAMMO....the MOTHER is texting.....yep texting. Now I am pretty sure Jesus didn't have texting when he was alive BUT I would think He would be against it. I was astonished, appalled. It got me thinking. What should I give up for Lent? Yep I have vowed before you today to give up TEXTING for Lent......in church. Wish me well and please pray for me to make this sacrifice.

Okay so last week so some odd unforeseen reason, Raumi decided to wash dished by hand. Kelsen was intrigued by this and decided it would be cool to help her. Following the guidelines of the "Husband of the Year" outline, I grabbed a dishtowel and decided to dry. We had a GREAT time. It was probably the funnest 15 minutes we have had in a long time. Just washing, drying and TALKING. In today's world, with cell phones, laptops, Tv's, texting, Facebook and all that other stuff, families simply don't spend enough "quality" time together. I have heard many a parent "blame" "technology" (yep I just went back to back with "" marks). Well I think the real culprit of family issues today is the DISHWASHER. If families did not have the ability to quickly throw there dishes in the dishwasher and walk away and would have to wash and dry them as a family, families would be stronger. This is great insight. I need to pat myself on the back. Ahhh that felt so good. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!





Winter Olympics. We tune in, we tune out. But the one thing we all can agree on is that some of these athletes are CRAZY. I am not talking about Ski Jumping. I mean Ski Jumpers get to practice in big puffy foam. I am talking athletes who Ski Moguls. The "mogs" as I refer to them as, simply keep chiropractors in their fancy houses. My back, knees and hips needed to be iced down just from watching it. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE.

Last week driving home from work, I spotted 3 Police SUV's pulling out of the McDonald's parking lot and was quite surprised. Not surprised that they were pulling out of the McDonald's parking lot but the fact that the vehicles were AMTRAK Police. Did you know that Amtrak has its own police? What the hell do they do. Pull over trains? I mean seriously I could figure out for the life of me what these people do and what jurisdiction they cover. So I researched. This is what I found. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE.

I have two ideas for IPhone applications.

1. Radar Gun-you can see how fast your buddy is going as he speeds around you or you can see how fast your wife can throw a tennis ball. Your choice. Tell me you wouldn't buy this application for your phone.

2. Radar Jammer-As an application on your phone, you simply load the application and set the phone on your dash. Looks like a phone, feels like a phone but with the application on, it JAMS every radar gun around. No more speeding tickets for you.



DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE.

1 comment:

Tyler Russell said...

I like the ideas for the applications...but based on the hardware that are currently in the iPods and cell phones today wouldn't be able to do it! But good idea nonetheless!