April 1, 2010

Broken Arms Hurt

You all probably have been wondering why its been so long since I posted. Let's just say its hard to type with only your left arm. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I was cooking Raumi and Kelsen supper. It was one of my specialities, Glazed Paremseasan Crusted Salmon and Red Roasted Potato's. As I was peeling the taters the garbage disposal jammed. Being Mr. Fix it I attempted to dislodge whatever was jammed in the disposal. This was the result:



Not much else to report. We are all doing well and one of us is patiently awaiting a birthday. The other one is indifferent. In the meantime we have been busy putting the final touches on our basement, which is not 97% complete. However it would be 98% but I scratched the shit out of the bathroom floor, as I was ubberly excited to get my new TV up. Darn it.

Kelsen is waiting for the Easter Bunny, Raumi is waiting for Kelsen to see the Easter Bunny and I am waiting to get that darn bowling title back!

Some things to think about:

Why do grills have side burners? Do you use YOUR side burners? Do you know anyone who uses them regularly? They are useless.

Last Sunday was Palm/Passion Sunday. We sat in the balcony. Bad idea. Kelsen thought it was his personal section, trying to roam freely. In any case, I have often found the passion to be hard to follow and quite frankly, boring. I wish Cathedral would do like a live "passion" with actual characters. I mean you tell me kids wouldn't be interested in this. Even most adult would enjoy this. Someone get on this and make this happen.

This past Saturday we took Kelsen to the Dakota Zoo Easter egg hunt. There were like 16,000 people there, well not really but there was like 4,000. It was organized chaos to say the least. Anyway Kelsen got 3 eggs with candy. We were going to stay for the Guinness Book of World Records attempt at the Bunny Hop but it was too cold for the little guy. I have been obsessed with the Guinness Book of World Records since I was a young lad (I always remember ordering the books thru the school and then looking at crazy stuff like Worlds Tallest Person and Biggest Blown Bubblegum Bubble). It was my opportunity and I missed it. Is it gone forever? Who knows?

Once a week I allow Kelsen to get either Chicken Nuggets or a Cheese Burger from McDonald's. No happy meal or anything like that but just some good old fashion fast food. I often feel I am encouraging his obesity. Oh well. It does make me wonder how many Happy Meals a kid with a super cool dad, unlike me, eats from ages 2-12.....any guesses? I bets it astronomical, especially if they have to drive by McDonald's 2 times per day!

Speaking of food, I wish there was a contest for making Easy Mac. I would be the odds on favorite. I can measure 2/3 cup water without a measuring cup better than anyone. Easy mac should be renamed Kuder mac.

Lastly, on Food Networks Food Wars they has a showdown of JUCY LUCY's. Let's just say Matts Bar and the original JUCY LUCY won! Hell yeah! Raumi wants one so bad. I told her we can stop next time we are in the cities if she is a good girl.



As of today, APRIL 1, it is exactly 84 days until the RANGER REUNION!!! Are you ready?

DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!

No comments: