SNOWDAY!
March 30, 2009.
Ride with us thru a Snow Day.
5:41am-Raumi wakes me up, states "here we go again, come help me survey the situation"
5:42am-"Oh Shit, not this crap again", I state in utter disarray.
5:45-6:45am-I begin Snowblowing and Shoveling the way out of our garage. When I opened the garage door there was a 6 foot drift up against the door greeting me. I am thinking "not cool".
6:45am-I check work email and Facebook for messages.
7:07am-Raumi decides to venture to work. She has no problems, shes got the 2002 Saturn Vue AWD, there IS NO Snow this thing can't get through. Side note: It's the only thing this vehicle is good for.
7:13am-Kelsen wakes up, we watch some Disney channel and I watch him guzzle milk like I guzzle beer.
7:22am-The big guy calls. No not that big guy. Ron Crouse, Acting Superintendent of YCC, says "Where are you at?"...I reply "Florida, how about you?". We chat and he tells me to stay home for the day. SNOW DAY!
8:30am- Kelsen asks for breakfast, I ask him what he wants, he states a Taco. What the heck, it's a snow day. He shreds the taco in about 3 minutes.
9:00am-Kelsen and I decide we might as well be productive. We check Facebook again and print some pictures off Playhouse Disney to color. I love the Internet.
10:15am-Kelsen and I do actually decide to be productive after all. We vacuum the upstairs bedrooms and hallway and then hit the basement to clean up. We had to make sure we had our Wobble Googles on(In the Idea Warehouse, Scott Durbin, who plays the mandolin and the melodica on the show, wears "Wobble Goggles," which allow him to see things from a variety of perspectives). My Wobble Googles are a pair of Safety Glasses....Kelsen's are are a pair of safety glasses for his weeder. If you don't know what Wobble Googles are, the you don't watch enough of Imagination Movers on Disney.
11:00am-BATHTIME. After vacuuming sheetrock dust has overcome us and Kelsen requests a bath, but with dad. SNOW DAY. What the heck. I drag out the radio, listen to the Jack Michaels show (he was talking about the firing of Juno Pintar at U of Mary, he says it was a bad move, I disagree and think it was a good move) and take a bath with my boy. Side Note: Would it be considered neglect to make your kids take BATHS from ages 12-20? Ron and Shirley did. We knew nothing different. But man, even prisoners get showers!
12:20pm-Lunch time. Leftover Chicken wings and Broccoli Cheese soup for this writer and Macaroni and Cheese for the Kman.
12:45pm-Kelsen and I let our imaginations run wild. We "invent" a new game. We each take our Vikings Footballs and stand at the base of the stairs. We then throw the balls up the stairs and attempt to catch them as they tumble down. Genius I know!
1:30-2:30pm-Kelsen watches cartoons and I read a few pages of the book Wild at Heart.
2:30-4:30pm-Kelsen naps. I go out to snowblow to find that the city snow plow has been by and plowed a 4 foot high berm across the driveway. Wonderful. I attack it like a wild boar attacking a penguin. When done I yell to the skies "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!!"...I am only slightly kidding. During the end of my snowblowing escapade, Raumi arrives home early from work. We plan on heading out for some snacks to enjoy while we hunker down for the evening.
(Our remodeling is done, at least our part is done, the lights and in wall/ceiling speakers are in, the half wall and ceiling is drywalled and now we await a mudder.)
DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!
1 comment:
So when are you gonna add us as a friend on Facebook? I feel snubbed.
---M, A, N Voigt
Post a Comment