You are probably asking yourselves "It's about time". You are right. It is time. Time for a fresh post. I was planning on posting this past weekend but didn't find the time. Raumi and Kelsen were intending to go to Pierre for Raumi's grandmothers 80th birthday. The weather was "suppose" to be bad. It wasn't.
Happy Birthday to Grandma Newman!!
Things around the Kudrna house have been delicate. Delicate in the sense that we are still remodeling (more on that later) and attempting to parent a near 3 year old. Can you believe that in 12 days Kelsen will be 3?
Speaking of Kelsen, he has recently taken an interest in cooking. As you can see with the picture below he is fine tuning the art of "flipping" bread. He probably learns it from me and my famous grilled cheese sandwhiches.
Kelsen is ready for his birthday. He wants to go to "Space Aliens" and "Swimming". I think we can handle that. But we have so much more in store.
On Sunday we dyed a 2 dozen Easter eggs in preparation for the upcoming holiday. It was great fun. I have limited photos of this event as our Samsung camera decided it doesn't recognize batteries anymore!
I was also "on-call" this past weekend. On-call for me basically means 2 things:
1. I can't enjoy adult beverages during the on-call duty.
and
2. I sit around waiting for the next person to call in sick. It never fails.
I did however get my first oppurtinity to play "Rock Band" with some of the students in Pine Cottage. It was probably the most fun (outside of home) in 3 weeks. I was able to play the "lead singer" for "What I'v Done" by Linkin Park and Korn's "Freak on a Leash".. Let's just say I won't be winning American Idol anytime soon.
Easter Weekend will bring lots of family (Too much family according to my sister Ronda).
Friday night we will be hosting our inagural Good Friday Fish Fry. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds. Lots of family and lots of fish. Somethings got to give.
Easter Sunday is the Annual Kudrna/Gustafson Easter Bowling Extravaganza. James has won 3 in a row and ITS TIME HE GOES DOWN....DOWN TO CHINATOWN! Can you hear that James....it's me, I am coming to get my trophy back!
Easter Monday we head to the Cities to meet our friends Matt, Ang and NOAH. It's going to be nice to see them again and spend some days relaxing. Although its not Cancun, it's not work either.
Okay. I have to admit I recently have had to make a very difficult deision. Raumi was busy and I needed to act quick. I had to decide which Utility knife to purchase. I ended up going with the MasterForce Heavy Duty Quick Load. I am not sure if I can clearly explain how difficult this desicion, or any deicion regarding the purchase of tools is for a man. These desicions can be life altering. I hope I went the right way. Wish me luck.
3 experiences of awkwardness, What would YOU do?
1. You are driving home from work, you pull up to a red light (several of them actually) beside a co-worker.....do you acknowledge them or do you stop just short of them so that they do not notice you. This is a GREAT social experiment. What would YOU do?
2. You and your beatiful family (that's Raumi and Kelsen in my case) are in Lowe's looking at recessed lights. A sale associate come up to assist you and BAM!, the sales associate's zipper is WIDE open, do you tell him or do you let it go? What would YOU do?
3. Lastly, you are seconds before the Sign of the Peace and your son sneezes, lauching boogers and flem across the congregation but more specifically on your hand? Do you follow thru with the Sign of the Peace? What would YOU do?
Our remodeling is coming right along. The mudder is done. That means we are onto our next step, The Paint. It is going to be breath taking, the thought of this colors nearly brings tears to my eyes. Once you see it you will understand why. After the paint is the woodwork, then carpet. All should be done WELL before Fox gets back on Midcontinent. Below are some pictures of 2 walls.
Have a Safe and Happy Easter.
DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!
No comments:
Post a Comment