April 21, 2009

Lost and Found.....or Not.







Amazing what can happen over the span of a couple weeks.

Let's begin with Easter Sunday. Everyone is probably wondering "Who won the Kudrna/Gustafson Easter Bowling Tourney?". It was postponed until a further date. It appears that Ma and Pa Kudrna has a bit of a "seepage" problem. This led to much flexibility by both our families. First Ronda made her normally delicios Easter Feast and transported it to Lake Kudrna. Lets just put it simply if we can:

2 game of cribbage-Free
4 beers, nacho chips andcheese dip-$5.67
Easter Bruch-$43.00
Sump Pump, Drill Bit and Garbage Can-$170.00
Spending time with Family installing a sump pump-PRICELESS.

It was a memorable Easter that will live in infamy. Thanks to Brad and Neil for giving up part of there Easter to install the sump pump. Lake Kudrna has dried up.

Both Kelsen and I celebrated our birthdays this month. Me on the 13th (35) and Kelsen on the 19th (3). Kelsen got a pretty sweet set of "real" golf clubs. Now if we can just get him to hold it like a club and not a hockey stick. We celebrated my birthday with some friends in Minneapolis (more on that later) and Kelsen's at Space Aliens.

The week of April 13-17 both Raumi and I were on vacation. We met some good freinds from the 23rd largest city in the USA.

It was just what the Doctor ordered (and no not you Matt). We spent a lot of time poolside watching the boys swim. Matt, Angela, Raumi and I also got in our share of the pool and jacuzzi as well.

One of the days was spent at the Mall of America. We took Kelsen on the Log Chute ride. He liked the ride but didn't care for the darkness in the tunnels or the GIGANTIC Paul Bunyan. Thanks to Matt for sacraficing himself for us. After a trip to the Rainforest Cafe with the boys and a couple more rides, Matt and I took the boys back to the hotel for naps while the ladies shopped.



One thing I love about vacation is that we eat really well. Monday night we ate a fairly nice place called Dangerfields. I had the King Cut of Prime Rid (Hey it was my birtday). It was satisfying. The best part of the meal (other than the boys each spilling drinks) was the appetizers. We went with the Crab and Artichoke Dip and the Crab and Cream Cheese Rolls. Simply fantabulous. (By the way if I ever become a rapper that's gonna be my stage name...Fantabulous!) The next night we are at this place. It appears that Buca is quite the Birthday destination. I am not exaggerating when I say there was AT LEAST 7 birthdays during the time we were there. My favorite part of this restaurant was the Pope Shrine. Its hard to explain and I am unable to link it but imagine a big family table with a bust of Pope Benedict the 16th at the head of the table.

You are probably wondering where all the photos are. Well they are in our camera, which is in one of two places. The lost and found counter at Nickolodeon Universe or at some Pawn Shop in Bloomington. There was simply a lapse of camera placement by either Raumi or myself, but I think I will take the blame on this one. By the way all the pictures we do have are from Matt and Angela's blog.


One last topic of conversation. The followers of this site will know that Kelsen, Raumi and I are quite fond of Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel. Well so is Dr. Matt. Matt and I loaded up the Camry and with the convienance of Matt's GPS we went on a Burger Pilgramige to Matt's Bar.





Said bar is the home of the Jucy Lucy. I hope I don't regret this link. Why? Because after we returned and proclaimed our Love for the Jucy Lucy, Raumi had the adacity to state "I could make one of them". I am not opposed to trying but I am now on record that this WILL NOT BE DONE WITHOUT MATT being in attendance. This was for certain one of the happiest days of my life, right behind marrying Raumi, Kelsen's birth and hearing that they are making a Super Troopers II. It changed my life forever. It will do the same to you if you take the challenge. I do have to express one MAJOR disappointment.Matt's Bar was out of the Jucy Lucy T-shirt. Now I am not a small business owner, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but if I was and did, I think I would know enough to realize that if my "bar" and "burger" was on a Tv show that has a man "cult" following, I would have order a minimum of 1000 shirts. Nope not this guy. Life goes on.

Below is a picture of Matt's Jucy Lucy:



My fingers are getting tired from typing. But I have a couple of more notes before I go:

1. Raumi and I attended the Sugarland concert on Saturday. It was a great time. First time in a while Raumi and I went on a date.

2. I am officially 0-2 on the season with Geocaching. Either there are some muggles out there or I am not as good as I thought at this.

3. Happy 19th Birthday to Holli!

DRINK TONIGHT FOR TOMORROW WE RIDE!

PS-I am not sure what happened with the photos, please forgive me!

No comments: